Are You Sick Of Just Managing Symptoms And Want To Get To The Root Of Your Health Challenges?
Integrative Medicine looks at the whole person (body, mind, and spirit) and applies healing based medicine from this big picture perspective.
Many people turn to Integrative Medicine once they’ve hit a wall in treatment with their GP.
Integrative Medicine emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative. This approach looks at the whole picture and gets you on a fast track back to health.
The principles of integrative medicine:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process.
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body.
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms.
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible.
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease.
- Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed to the process of self-exploration and self-development.
What To Expect
All initial appointments are booked as a First Visit Integrative Medicine Appointment and billed under Naturopathic services. The initial consultation is a one hour appointment for $325. (Follow up Naturopathy appointments range from $65 – 260 depending on the time required). This allows me to assess each patient through multiple health systems to better arrive at the root of your concerns. These appointments can be billed through extended health insurance under Naturopathic Medicine. Osteopathy appointments range from $65-195 depending on time and can also be billed through extended health insurance.
When you Click on the Book Appointment Button you will be prompted to choose either a Telemedicine Consult or an In Person Consult at the Center for Integrative Medicine – Brooklin Location